It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Grilled Veggies

Forget the meat for this one. I make this (and several variations of this) all throughout the summer. When I think of grilling I think of this. Also, in the summer I don't really want a fatty steak on the grill... I crave lighter things in the summer. This is def one of those recipes you can try once and make your own variations of. You can grill any veggie.

2 large eggplants cut lenthwise into 1/2 inch strips
3 zucchinis cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch strips
1 super huge yellow onion cut into 1/2 inch strips
3 portabellas
2 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, dried thyme, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried rosemary. Alternatively you can use either herbs de provence or Italian seasoning... whatever you got
1/2 cup olive oil
Balsamic vinegar (pony up for a super fancy aged one - so effin good!!)
Goat cheese (optional)

Mix the dried herbs and the olive oil then brush on one side of chopped veggies. Put the oiled side down on grill and brush other side with oil. Cook on each side on a medium grill for about 4 minutes (until you get the grill marks).

Note: if you really wanna impress people, turn the veggies 90 degrees after 2 minutes to get the criss-cross grill marks... I like to do this of course! It's one of those things you can practice and it just LOOKS so appetizing.

Anyways, after they're all cooked up, arrange them nicely on a serving platter (I fucking love these cause they look rustic and funky), sprinkle balsamic and goat cheese over the top and serve! You'll notice I didn't use salt and I don't love too (got this from my mom) so sprinkle w salt to please a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment