It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pineapple Fried Rice

I have to attribute this to Tully. She is super great in the kitchen too and I love going to her place to eat... and drink :-P

6 servings brown rice (any kind works... the funky multi grain rice is fun too)
1 large can of pineapple
1 C chopped Ham
3 Scallions
1 TBS ginger powder (if you have... I'd keep this in your spice draw tho... good for any sort of Asian inspired dish)
Hot pepper flakes (I'm not going to put an amount - you decide. I like it hot!)
3 cloves garlic
3 eggs
1 jalapeno (more heat baby)
1/2 C soy sauce
1 TBSP Butter

Cook the rice according to package directions and set aside.

Spray a large pan or ideally a wok w Pam (I effing love Pam) and add everything except the eggs, butter and soy sauce. Let everything fry up so it starts to brown. Make a hole in the middle of the mixture and add 1 TBS (or more) of butter. Quickly add the eggs and fry 'em up. Mix everything back together and then deglaze the wok w soy sauce and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment