It's me, the Silliest

This is my blog of recipes. I like "eating the rainbow" as well as globe-trotting through food. I totally dig heady local produce and local fresh meats.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Pasta Risotto

I love risotto, but it's not always the healthiest (and Lord knows I don't need the extra cals). I love the cooking method of risotto because it gets all creamy and delicious and starchy. Anyways, I do this with whole wheat pasta. It might sound totally wild and weird, but try it - it's freakin awesome.

Whole wheat pasta
Chopped onion (depends on how much pasta you do, but do 1TBSP finely chopped onion per serving of pasta)
1 TBS olive oil
Veggieeeeees!

Add olive oil to pan and heat up over medium-high heat.

Add pasta (however much you are doing tonight) and onions (I, of course, add hot pepper flakes too). Fry up until the pasta is golden brown.

Add just enough water to cover the pasta as well as any veggies you like (I tend to go heavy on the veggies so it turns more into a salad w pasta). You can ligit add whatever veggies you have. Here are some ideas until you get the hang of it: broccoli, garlic, tomatoes, arugula, mushrooms, carrots, peppers, cauliflower... I think you get it.

As in risotto, keep letting the water almost boil off and then add more water slowly. You will eventually end up with a creamy sort of slosh of pasta and veggies. I like to top it w parmigiana and pine nuts as well as fresh parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment